Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Davidson, Saskatchewan


Davidson sits about half-way between Saskatoon and Regina. It used to be a fairly major trading centre before transportation improved and the four-lane highway was built, by-passing the town. The population is dropping and is below 1,000 inhabitants as of 1996. There are still some wooden grain elevators standing that are being used. I've posted photos of Davidson's elevators before on this blog, but thought I'd post the one I took this summer by "painting" it using a photoshop plug-in.


I'm also posting a photo from the restaurant at the south-end of Davidson where we usually stop for coffee. It's a great pit-stop when traveling between the two cities. I like the way they've decorated the restaurant by placing older furniture and items in various corners to give the impression of times past.

6 comments:

Pauline said...

I would like to use your photo of grain elevators in Davidson Sask for the background of a picture I am creating for use in a Dog show catalog. Would that be possible? It is for a Newfoundland dog breeder who lives in Davidson. The audience would only be those attending the show but credit would be provided to you.

waledro said...

Certainly, you may use this photo as a background for the catalog. I appreciate you asking first and for crediting the photo to myself.

Pauline said...

I guess I need a name to use on the credit....

waledro said...

Wally Roth.
Thanks.

Cross Classroom said...

I'm originally from Davidson and my graduating class (of a year that will not be named as it makes me feel old) is planning a reunion. With your permission, I would like to use this gorgeous shot as the image for our planning forum. I will ensure that you have full credit.

waledro said...

Thank you, Yvonne, for your kind comments. I'm happy to share my photo for the purposes you state. And, I appreciate your willingness to credit me along with the photo of the Davidson elevator. My name is Wally Roth.