The question one might well ask is: Why collect photos of grain elevators? There are a number of possible reasons:
- To create a keepsake of a disappearing icon.
- To stop the destruction of the elevators by creating a visual memory of times past.
- To stop time, in a sense, by having a visual recollection of grain elevators.
- To hold on to one's nostalgia of what once was.
- Feeling helpless to stop the destruction of the elevators, the least one can do is honour them by taking their portrait before they disappear (i.e., die).